The bounce house has been deflated, the BBQ has all been consumed and the volleyball net has been stored. The 2015 PB UMC “Fun in the Sun” picnic is now a (hopefully) happy memory for all attendees. I have many folks I’d like to thank:
- Steve for joining me at the picnic site at 5:30 am to ensure our reserved site would truly be ours
- Shelly and Steve for the use of their trucks for transporting canopies, tables and chairs from the church to the picnic site and back again
- Rick and Scott for logistics advice and assistance in setting up
- Allan for his assistance in setting up
- Rachel and Jeff, picnic organizers emerita, for signing folks in and collecting last-minute monies
- Dart for making not one, but two, homemade pineapple upside down cakes
- All the other volunteers who brought desserts, whether homemade or store-bought
- Ndinda for organizing face painting for the kids (and young at heart – I’m looking at you, David)
- Dee and other adults for keeping an eye on the bounce house mayhem
- The NUMEROUS church members and friends who helped break down the picnic site and ensure that the trash was properly bagged, the recycling collected, and all church property got back to PB UMC safely
- Abbey’s Real Texas BBQ for the tasty food!
If I’ve left anyone out who should be thanked, you have my sincere apologies for that. As the organizer, it was a long, long day for me…. but experiencing all the help I received and seeing the joy on everyone’s face was more than compensation for all the hard planning and work! On to 2016!