Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
PBUMC’s self-titled “Best Group” is comprised of elementary children in 2nd – 6th grades. Best Group meets once a month for a variety of activities; the time varies depending on the activity that month.
United Methodist Youth Fellowship (UMYF)
UMYF is comprised of Middle School and High School youth. This group generally meets weekly on Sunday evenings. We also participate with other United Methodist youth groups for district-level and conference-level activities including times of worship, service, dance and retreat.
Youth in Mission
Here are some examples of how the youth of PBUMC are encouraged to act on their faith within the local church:
- assisting in worship as acolytes, communion servers, greeters and ushers
- helping with a meal during the Interfaith Rotational Shelter
- serving at our Wednesday Night Ministry
- cooking and providing meals for Storefront shelter…
…and beyond our local area:
- By participating in Sierra Service Project
For further information about youth ministry at PBUMC, please contact our Youth Ministry Coordinator, Dee Baraw at youth (at) pbumc (dot) org