Mark Sunday afternoon, August 20th, on your calendars as the date for the 2017 Fun in the Sun PB UMC Picnic! Our usual location (the southwestern area of Paradise Point) and the jumper house have been reserved.
The food theme this year is “All American BBQ.” Our caterers, the small business Brothers Signature Catering & Events, will provide us with the following menu:
- BBQ chicken
- Hot dogs
- Garden burgers
- BBQ sauce
- Hamburger and hot dog condiments
- Ranch-style BBQ beans
- Red-skinned potato salad
- Garden salad with ranch dressing Fudge brownies
- All plates, utensils, and napkins
As always, we will be grateful if any of our home cooks want to bring their own desserts or other picnic items. Our other volunteer needs are as follows:
- Trucks to transport church canopies, tables, and chairs from church to picnic site and back at the conclusion of the event.
- Loading the church items and unload/set up at picnic site. (Meet at church the morning of the picnic at 7:00 a.m.) Check in attendees and provide name tags. (Be at picnic site by 11:45 a.m.)
- Breaking down church items, loading them onto transport and unloading and storing at church (around 3:00 p.m.).
Because of increased catering costs, we will need to charge attendees as follows:
Family price: $40
Even with these prices, the church will likely incur a small loss on the event, so any extra contributions towards picnic expenses will be greatly appreciated.
The picnic will begin around noon, and we will begin cleaning up and breaking down around 3:00 p.m. Sign-ups will begin on Sunday, July 16th, and will continue up until the Sunday before the picnic (August 13th).
To volunteer to bring food, provide trucks, sign in, or help set up/break down, contact the Church office!